What to do if it's SNOWING?
Firstly, it will say on our school website whether the school is open or closed.
Next, decide it it's safe to travel.... if it is, then warm clothes, wellie boots, scarves etc will be a must.
Finally, if we have to close the school when the children are here, we will contact you by email and text.
YES, it is snowing .... what could i do today at home?
- Build a Snow Person with your family.
- Use your body to make a Snow Angel.
- Can you make a snowflake out of paper?
- Can you retell the story of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs?
- Polar Express - Have your children create a train and pretend you are off on an adventure!
- Have an indoor picnic as a family - create finger sandwiches and make cookies!
- Make homemade play dough - 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup salt, 2 tbsp. cream of tartar, 2 tbsp. oil, 1 cup water food coloring (optional), Scent (cinnamon, vanilla, mint, etc. – also optional). In a saucepan, mix flour, salt, cream of tartar, scent ingredient, and oil. Slowly mix in water until it’s all smooth. Then turn the heat on medium and stir until it forms a ball of dough. I used a heat-resistant rubber spatula so I could scrape the bottom of the pan easily. Once it’s a ball, plop it onto some wax paper until it’s cool enough for you to touch.
- Computer fun - http://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/ or BUG CLUB
- Skype/Facetime your Grandparents and catch up as a family!